Wednesday, May 4, 2016

What other significant insight(s) have you gained and how will this insight impact your personal/professional life?

This course has helped me understand the importance of multicultural education. Diversity is one of the most important aspects of a successful classroom. I do not believe that students can reach their full academic potential without being in a positively accepting and diverse atmosphere. They need to understand the fact that it is okay to be different, and it is our job as teachers to help them understand that. I want to create a safe learning environment in my future classroom. I want my students to feel accepted and like they fit in. I also want them to be able to celebrate their cultural differences and be proud of where they come from. I already strive to be more culturally aware. I want to teach my students about the importance of cultural awareness so that they can be successful in our diverse world.


No comments:

Post a Comment